eBooks are a godsend for people who love to read. Back in the day, you have to bring one of those bulky ass books that although is good for self-defense, it is not good if you’re bringing a lot of books with you.
Now with the advent of technology, people can just bring with them digital copies of their favorite books and that can be either in pdf, mobi, or epub format.
These file formats represent what is now commonly known as the “eBooks”, or, digital copies of a certain book.
Now, in order for you to be able to read eBooks, you need to have a good eBook reader that supports multiple ebook file formats.
If you have a Nintendo 3DS, did you know that you can also read eBooks on your portable game console as well?
Today, I am going to talk about how you can install an eBook reader on your Nintendo 3DS so that you can read all of your favorite books right on your portable game console.
Now, for the purposes of this article, I will tell you how you can install the iKuReader. This is one of the most popular eBook readers for the Nintendo 3DS right now.
It is important to note that in order for you to install the iKuReader, you need to have an R4 3DS card with amazing homebrew support.
After you’ve acquired your R4 3DS card, just follow these instructions:
1. Download the official iKuReader install files. Just search “iKuReader” in Google Search and click on the first entry that appears.
2. After that, you will get the ikureader.nds file. Just plug your microSD card into your computer and just put the ikureader.nds file in the ROOT folder of your microSD card.
3. Create a new folder on the ROOT folder of your microSD card and name it “Ebooks” (without the quotation marks).
4. In this folder, put all of your ebook files in it as this will be the main repository for all of your books.
5. Place your microSD card to your R4 3DS card and insert it into your Nintendo 3DS portable game console.
6. Next, fire up your homebrew launcher and then install the iKuReader. It will only take a few seconds to install because the program is not bulky at all.
7. Fire up the program and after agreeing to the terms, you can then tweak its settings.
8. The first thing you would want to do is set the default font to your liking. The good thing about this is that you can import different fonts that you like. Just choose the font you like from the fonts that you have and you’re good to go.
Now, the iKuReader reads the Root/Ebooks folder by default. But if you placed the Ebooks folder someplace else, you will have to set the application to read from that new directory instead.
The iKuReader is one of the best eBook readers for the Nintendo 3DS. Be sure to have a very good R4 3DS card before you install this homebrew application in your Nintendo 3DS.